Saturday, November 12, 2011

Pumpkin Smoothie

Have you noticed I'm crazy about all things pumpkin? So as not to overwhelm those of you who are not quite as obsessed with pumpkin as me, I promise this will be my last pumpkin filled recipe of the season.

I recently found this recipe for Pumpkin Smoothies off of Pioneer Woman's blog. It looked so easy I just had to try it immediately. Both my boys loved it as well. I'm thinking this will become one of our favorite ways to use pumpkin.

I don't usually buy pumpkin pie filling so I made some modifications to the recipe so that I can use my frozen pumpkin puree.

ppie4

I'll reuse this pumpkin puree photo from the pumpkin pie post.  When you've seen one bag of mushy pumpkin, you've seen them all.

smoothie11

Our two cup bags of pumpkin are frozen already so for this recipe I let it thaw just enough so my handy "Mix N Chop" from pampered chef is able to break it up.

smoothie1

You'll need some yogurt, I used one jar of homemade yogurt.

smoothie3

Add milk to the pumpkin and yogurt. I used 1/2 milk 1/2 evaporated milk in lieu of the whole milk called for in The Pioneer Woman's recipe. Until we have another baby, no whole milk is to be found at our house.

smoothie6

You'll need some vanilla, I'm a fan of the high quality stuff. Life is too short to use mediocre vanilla I say.

smoothie7

I included white sugar, brown sugar, vanilla and cinnamon to the mixture and blended thoroughly.

smoothie9

Pretty huh? I found it goes down pretty easy.

smoothie10

Sprinkle some crushed graham crackers on top for a jazzy effect and you're all set.


My Modified Pumpkin Smoothie Recipe

2 cups of frozen pureed pumpkin (partially thawed)
1 c. evaporated milk
1 c. milk
1/2 c. yogurt (or more)
1/4 c. white sugar
1/4 c. brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. cinnamon
crushed graham crackers
~AnnMarie

No comments: