Thursday, October 13, 2011

Pioneer Woman's Pot Roast

Pioneer Woman has never failed me, so I turned to her when it was time to make a pot roast.



DSC_0911

She does a marvelous step-by-step on her blog, and I didn't bother to recreate it. I thought I would just hit the highlights. Brown the onion, carrots, and meat over high heat. Set them aside.



DSC_0912

Add red wine and beef broth to the pan you used to brown everything. Scrape the bottom of the pan, and pour the liquid over the roast, onion, and carrots.

Note to readers: I am aware that the above picture looks a lot like the first picture. But, there's liquid in the pan now, so it's different. :)



DSC_0917

Season with rosemary and thyme.

Note to readers: I am aware that the above picture looks a lot like the first two pictures. But, there's seasoning on the roast now, so it's different. :)


DSC_0915

I got to use fresh thyme because my Aerogarden was ready. It was a good moment



Finished Roast

The finished roast!

I cut the leftover roast into cubes and put it and the "roast juice" in the crockpot with fresh onions, carrots, and potatoes. It made a yummy soup.

No comments: