Saturday, October 29, 2011

Another Dish With Pasta and Chicken

You may have notice an overabundance of pasta with chicken recipes here at Cooking in Bush Alaska.  You may have also noticed an overabundance of Pioneer Woman recipes.  That's because I love pasta.  And chicken.  And Pioneer Woman.

This dish is yet another pasta with chicken dish.  And it comes from Pioneer Woman.  But it's good.  Worth trying.  Really.

My version has a few key differences from Pioneer Woman's.  I'm not cooking enough to feed four punks and a hungry cowboy.  It's just me and my hungry schoolteacher (our punk isn't ready for table food yet).  Also, I don't have a dutch oven YET, so I had to bake the chicken and tomatoes in a separate dish instead of putting everything straight into the oven.




DSC_0106

Start with a little olive oil and butter in a pan.  (I took a picture of butter, but it was a really bad picture.  I decided to spare our dear readers.  You're welcome.)



DSC_0110

I like to use chicken thighs for this dish.  Salt and pepper them, and brown them on each side.



DSC_0113

I usually wimp out when it comes to browning things because I get scared that they're going to burn.  I actually did a pretty good job this time.



DSC_0116


Remove the chicken.  Use some wine to get all of the yummy bits off the bottom of the pan.



DSC_0117

Add some diced tomatoes...



DSC_0119

Whatever herbs you have on hand.  (I happened to have fresh basil because the basil plants on my aerogarden were going nuts...)



DSC_0121

And whole cloves of garlic, and bring to a boil.



DSC_0127

Pour the tomatoes and garlic mixture over the chicken.  Cover and bake for about forty-five minutes.



DSC_0129

Serve over pasta and covered in cheese.

1 comment:

The Rudstroms said...

I made this tonight. It was a hit. My sauce was a little thin so I'll have to work on that part.
~AnnMarie