Friday, October 21, 2011

Salsa Crockpot Chicken

A yummy crockpot meal based on this recipe.


DSC_0988

Start with some chicken breasts in the bottom of a greased crockpot.



DSC_0991

The recipe calls for two jars of salsa, but we don't have salsa to spare, so I used diced tomatoes I had left over from another recipe.



DSC_0996

I added some green chiles for a little spice factor.



DSC_0993

Two cans of black beans...



DSC_0995

and a can of corn.

Cover and cook on high for about six hours.  The recipe says to remove the chicken and shred with a fork.  I've never had to do that.  I just mash the chicken around with a wooden spoon, and it shreds itself.



DSC_0012

Serve with tortilla chips and sour cream.

1 comment:

The Rudstroms said...

The Rudstroms had this for dinner tonight and loved it.