Friday, September 2, 2011

Really Really Really Really Good Creamy Garlic Chicken Penne

This recipe is a winner. Seriously, I love it. Steve and I both agreed that this is restaurant quality. I got the original recipe from The Nest.

DSC_0348.JPG

The recipe called for a combination of evaporated and fresh milk. I didn't have fresh milk, so I used all evaporated milk. I put it on medium heat and added flour, bouillon, and garlic.


DSC_0344.JPG

The sauce came to a boil and thickened. (I tried to take a picture of the bubbles to prove the sauce came to a boil, but my timing was off. Sorry).



DSC_0362.JPG

I sauteed the chicken in olive oil, making sure not to overcook it.



DSC_0364.JPG

When the chicken was still pink, I sprinkled it with cayenne and black pepper. Then I added cayenne for good measure (Steve likes things spicy).



DSC_0365.JPG

To guarantee tender chicken, I covered the chicken and took it off the heat.




DSC_0360.JPG

While the chicken steamed I started some penne in a pot of salted water. You can use any kind of pasta. I happen to like the texture of penne.



DSC_0382.JPG

When the pasta was finished, I tossed it all together and served it with homemade baguettes. Mmmmmmm...


No comments: