Thursday, September 22, 2011

Chicken Alfredo

It was a typical bush cooking dilemma.  The idea of everything bored me, and I felt like I had no options.  Inspired by our endless supply of spaghetti noodles, I googled "alfredo" and "recipe," and went to the first result.

The recipe started with melting a cube of butter in a saucepan.  I was probably looking for baby board books on e-bay doing something important, so I didn't get to take a picture of the melting butter.  My apologies.



DSC_0743

I used evaporated milk in place of cream.



DSC_0744

The butter and evaporated milk are simmered together.




DSC_0741

Steve and I always pick up a few wedges of different cheese during our annual shopping trip.  This was the closest thing I had to fresh parmesan.




DSC_0745

Stir the cheese into the milk and butter along with some crushed garlic.



DSC_0746

The cheese melts and makes a luscious sauce.



DSC_0747

Gently cook strips of chicken in some olive oil.



DSC_0749

Assemble over a bed of pasta.

An easy, quick recipe that was infinitely better than dinner out of a box.

1 comment:

Missy said...

Mmm, this looks great! And so easy. Definitely going to try it...