Monday, September 12, 2011

Pesto

DSC_0359

This is basil.  It came in my Full Circle Farm box.  I like to preserve the basil for use during the winter.  My favorite way to do that is by making pesto.  The internet is awash with recipes for pesto, and I thought I would add mine.  :)



DSC_0361

You can make pesto from lots of things, but I always use pine nuts.



DSC_0363

A healthy dose of garlic is always a good idea.



DSC_0365

And you can never go wrong with olive oil.



DSC_0370

Everything needs to get chopped and mixed together.  I use my food processor.



DSC_0366

Process it until it's about this consistency.  Then taste it.  If it's kind of blah, add more garlic.  If it's kind of dry, add more olive oil.



DSC_0368

The pesto freezes great in an ice cube tray.  The possibilities are endless from there (well, so I hear.  Steve and I are boring and always eat it in pasta).

No comments: