Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Garlic Cream Cheese Dip

Every once in a while, the store gets such delights as cream cheese.  Steve and I like to celebrate when this happens, and we usually make something yummy.

This dip is super easy. Steve and I like to eat it on baguette slices and wheat thins.


DSC_0569.JPG

I started by heating a little more than a tablespoon of olive oil.



DSC_0571.JPG

Then I remembered to pull the cream cheese out of the fridge. If I had been smart, I would have taken it out earlier to let it soften.



DSC_0573.JPG

Then I added a teaspoon and a half of minced garlic and stirred it around for a while.



DSC_0576.JPG

Last time I made this dip, I used a prepared roasted garlic spice mix. I wanted to use my fresher garlic, but I kind of wanted to replicate the spiciness of the prepared mix. I pulled the bottle down, read the ingredients, and threw some chili powder and onion salt. Then I added some more chili powder.



DSC_0578.JPG

I poured the oil mix over the cream cheese. Then my jaw dropped at the lusciousness.



DSC_0579.JPG

Remember how I forgot to take the cream cheese out to soften? Yeah. This is what happens if the cream cheese is hard and you try to stir in the garlic/spice/oil mixture. Sigh...



DSC_0580.JPG

After sitting on the counter a while, the mixture was easier to stir and resulted in the above pictured creamy goodness.

Enjoy!




No comments: