Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Salmon With a Panko Crust

DSC_0162

We're still enjoying loads of fresh salmon.  I did a food blog search and found this.  It seemed like the perfect way to enjoy Steve's latest catch.

Note to readers:  I am aware that the above pieces of salmon did not come from the same fish.  They were just the fillets that were closest in thickness.  Thank you.



DSC_0171

The crust started with panko bread crumbs.  These bread crumbs are super yummy, and we always make sure we pick some up on our annual shopping trip in Anchorage.



DSC_0174

The recipe called for fresh parsley.  I used dried.  One teaspoon of dried is equal to about one tablespoon of fresh.



DSC_0172

Same thing for the thyme, but the recipe called for such a small amount that I just had to guess how much to add.



DSC_0178

Instead of paprika I used red chili powder.



DSC_0177

For the sauce, I had no honey mustard, so I made my own.  Am I a bad mom if I used Kaitlyn's spoon to mix the mustard and honey together?



DSC_0180

I added a little thyme to the honey mustard and spread it on the salmon.



DSC_0181

A little olive oil was the final touch for the crust.



DSC_0183

And it went on the salmon too.  Then the whole thing went in the oven.



DSC_0188

The finished product.  It was delicious!  I poured the sauce left in the bottom of the baking dish over the top of the finished salmon, and it added just the right touch of tangy sweetness.  Definitely recommended!

No comments: