Sunday, September 18, 2011

Mini Frittats

I ran across this recipe for Mini Frittatas yesterday on Pinterest and decided to give them a try.

frittata2

The recipe begins with three basic ingredients.

frittata3

Whisk together.


frittata1

If you have a four year old on hand, they're very good at doling out muffin liners. I got these very handy silicone muffin cups from my mother-in-law. They're great because they don't need to be greased or oiled and they're reusable.


frittatas5

Fill your muffin tins or muffin cups about 1/2 to 2/3 full of the egg mixture.

Sprinkle your favorite egg dish ingredients into the partially filled muffin cups.

frittata4

This morning we happened to have peppers, cheese, onions and left over breakfast sausage available.


frittata7

Serve in the muffin cups or they pop right out.

The recipe made quite a bit less than I was expecting. Next time I think I'll double or triple the recipe. The original recipe calls for 1/2 tsp. salt and turned out to be too much, cut that amount in half and add a bit of pepper instead.




~AnnMarie

No comments: